You can create master pages to add things like page numbers or background colors to all pages in the document.
- Go to pages
- Double click the page next to ‘A master’
- Then go back to the document (which should now be empty)
- Add background color, page numbers and other items you want to appear on every page in the document at the same position on every page.
- When you are done go back to the pages window
- Double click on the page with the ‘A’ on it
- Then go back to the document to view the effects of the masterpage.
If the changes from the master page do not show up then right click on the master page in the pages window and click ‘Apply master pages’ then apply to all pages.
Other InDesign tutorials: