Embedding Still Images
You may want to add still images to your transcript, for example screenshots of documents the participants are referring to in the talk, or a screenshot of the intonation contours. These will then appear when you reach the selected point in the transcript.
This is how:
- Make sure you are not in Sonic Mode (See Mode menu)
- Insert a blank line into the transcript.
- In the blank line, add the header %pic: followed by a tab, and (optional) a name for the image
- Add a bullet (ctrl+I)
- Locate the picture (not sure all formats are supported: definitely jpegs though)
- Click Open File
- The image is now added to your CLAN file. Ctrl+click on the bullet to see the image.
- When playing the file with F6, the image will appear in a separate box when you reach the place where you inserted the file.
Other CLAN tutorials: