Here you can learn the basics of CLAN. You have the choice between taking the course consisting of 12 short lessons: Learn CLAN Course or watch the Getting Started in 10 Steps tutorial video below. There are a few advanced tutorials available as well – just follow the links:
Getting Started in 10 Steps Learn CLAN Course
Subtitles with CLAN and Handbrake Piping
Need To Know! Top 4 CLAN Troubles Timedur(ation)
Measuring Pause Length Embedding Still Images
Colouring Keywords Thumbnails: Gesture Annotation
Indent Searching and Coding with COMBO
Making Collections: GEMs Exporting to ELAN
Counting GEMs Hiding and Displaying Tiers
- More video tutorials for CLAN are coming soon.
- You can download CLAN here: http://childes.psy.cmu.edu/clan/
- CLAN Manual (PDF) by Spencer Hazel and Janus Mortensen.
- Folder with exercises (zip) to follow the tutorial.
- Error messages with solutions (PDF) when using “esc+L”
- List of Dependent Tiers (PDF) to use in the transcript
- List of Header Tiers (PDF) to use in the transcript
- List of Language Abbreviations (PDF) to use in the transcript
- List of Commands (PDF) to use to analyze the transcript
- List of Switches (PDF) to use in commands to analyze the transcript
Getting Started in 10 Steps